For many people the New Year means making New Year’s resolutions to improve health and wellness such as losing weight or getting more sleep.
Healthy habits that help support retina health. In 2021 everyone is encouraged to add these healthy eye habits:
- Get regular dilated retina exams.
- Eat nutritious foods including dark leafy greens and fish
- Quit smoking
- Control your blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Stay active and maintain a healthy weight.
- No the symptoms and risk factors for retinal diseases.
- Wear eye protection if you are working with particles, flying objects, dust or chemicals.
- Consider blue light filtering and or blocking glasses as many or spending more time in front of the screen.