Glasses get sat on, knocked off nightstands or dropped, but there are ways to protect them.
- Clean your glasses the right way.
- Never use paper towels, tissues or napkins to dry your lenses.
- Use a protective storage case when not wearing your glasses.
- Don’t use ammonia, bleach, vinegar or window cleaner, hairspray or anything not meant for eyewear cleaning.
- Hold your frames by gripping the piece that crosses the bridge of the nose.
- Don’t lay your glasses lenses down on a table or hard surfaces.
- When working out or competing in sports wear a sports strap to secure your glasses to your face or wear another pair of glasses all together.
- Your glasses are not a hair accessory. Do not wear them on top of your head, quite frequently they fall off and break.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. Extreme temperatures can damage the lenses or cause the frames to stretch.
- Always keep a small eyeglass repair kit on hand. To use for tightening the screws or replacing pads.
Even with these tips accidents do happen the optical shop it eyegotcha it is open for these needed repairs call 412.331.9696 for assistance.