1. Did you know that needing glasses does not mean you have unhealthy eyes?
Eyeglasses are used for eyes that cannot focus light properly. Unhealthy eyes have diseases and may need medication or surgery to make them better.
2. You need depth perception to see a 3D movie.
3. Did you know that you blink 17 times a minute?
That’s almost 6 million blinks a year. Blinking is especially important when you wear contact lenses to keep your vision clear and your eyes comfortable.
4. Tears are the body’s way of cleaning debris from the eye.
They contain water, mucus, oil, and chemicals that can kill some germs.
5. In Japan and other countries where people eat a lot of fish, there are fewer cases of eye disease such as macular degeneration.
6. Eggs can help improve your pet’s eyesight, and they help make your dog’s coat healthy and shiny.
7. Most animals can make vitamin C in their bodies. Like humans, guinea pigs don’t make Vitamin C. If you have a guinea pig as a pet, feed them red peppers, kale, and broccoli for vitamin C.
8. Heterochromia refers to condition where your eyes are two different colors.