- The Dutch version of Santa Claus, called Sinterklaas, lives in the South Pole rather than the North Pole. False – He is actually said to live in Spain.
- In Russia, Santa Claus is known as Grandfather Frost. True –His Russian name is Dod Moroz which directly translates to Grandfather Frost.
- Jingle Bells was the first song ever broadcast from Space. True- The crew from Gemini 6 performed a rendition of the song 12/16/65
- The first-ever candy canes had green & white stripes. False-In fact the first candy canes no stripes. Candy canes have been traditional since 1670. Stripes weren’t added until the 1900s
- The Carol “We wish you a Merry Christmas” commemorates the European tradition of Wassailing. True- The song’s demand for figgy pudding reflected the occasionally aggressive nature of the wassailers asking for food.