1. Eye Cancer – People blue, green or gray eyes are more likely to get uveal melanoma than people with brown eyes.
2. Trust worthiness – Researchers have found that people tend to rank brown eyed faces more trust worthy than others, but the study went on to say that facial features common to people with brown eyes were more likely to give feelings of trust.
3. Blood Sugar Issues- A 2011 European study suggests that a combination of blue eyes and fair skin puts you at a higher risk of getting type 1 diabetes.
4. Hearing Loss- Studies show that in a loud environment, brown-eyed people have hearing loss less than people with a blue hue. it is believed cause brown-eyed people have more melanin.
5. Drink Dependence- Not only are blue-eyed people more likely to drink alcohol but they are also at a higher risk of becoming addicted to it.
6. Endometriosis- This is a condition when tissue that normally grows inside the uterus grows outside of it. When it invades organs like the bladder and the bowel, it is called deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE). Women who have DIE have blue eyes more than any other color. Experts believe the genes that control eye color may link to the genes that cause DIE.
7. Response to Therapy-Your eye color can play a role in what type of behavior therapy works best for you. Dark eyes can mean you will have better results in treatment that is more rigid. Meanwhile light-eyed people are more likely to respond to a program that changes as they do at their pace.
8. Different Dilations-1 out of 5 people naturally have different-sized pupils- one smaller than the other, but sometimes mismatched pupils can be a sign of a health issue, like a nervous system problem, stroke or infection.
9. Vitiligo- If you have blue eyes, you are less likely to have this condition that makes you lose skin color in blotches. Experts think it could be because the genes that give you blue eyes also lower your risk of getting the condition.
10. Cataracts-This vision-clouding condition is more likely to hit you if you have dark brown eyes, one Australian study says.
11. Star Pupils-Studies are ongoing but experts think that resting pupil size could be a sign of intelligence. Larger pupils tend to connect to a brain that works well.
12. Multi Colored Eyes-Do you have a blue patch in your mostly brown eyes? It could be a symptom of Wardenburg Syndrome. This genetic disorder can make you lose pigment in your hair, skin and eyes. It can also cause deafness & unique facial features.
13. Sports Skills-In movements done as reaction boxing, hitting a ball, football defense-those with brown eyes are more likely to shine. If the action is the one you control from the start to finish like bowling, golfing or pitching a baseball you have got a leg up if your eyes are blue.
14. Pain Tolerance-Studying women in labor helped scientists learn what eye color may say about how much pain you can take. Their theory: Women with dark-colored eyes tend show more distress during labor. They woke from pain at rest and when they moved and were more likely to be depressed because of their pain.
15. Macular Degeneration-An Australian study says people with light-colored eyes are twice as likely to get age-related macular degeneration. This disease can cause vision loss.
Ygraph.com, Eye Color Chart by ygraph, CC BY 3.0